Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's been a bit...

It has been awhile....

but I promise I have been missing-in-action for a very good reason.

My sweet baby girl, my first born, the one who first gave me the title of mommy,
turned 5 years old.

And well, we felt that was pretty darn important.

So we took her and the little guy to Disneyland (and my sister joined in the fun too).

This is the birthday girl and my sister in California Adventure

We had such a good time, and most importantly, the big 5 year old had a blast!

I still remember the day she was born, every second of it. It brings me such joy to remember that day, but sad at how fast time goes by when you're in the day-to-day routine of everything.

She will be starting kindergarten this year, and from what I've been told, once they enter "the school system", time goes by even faster.

I'm not ready for that. I want her chubby cheeks to always stay chubby. I want her curiosity about everything to never fade. I want her imagination to always be present, and allow her the hours of play time that she has now. I want her to always have the ability giggle over the most ridiculous things in life (a little potty humor, anyone?)

But alas, time goes on, and she continues to grow right before our eyes.

I can tell you this, my sweet & silly E:
you will always be that carefree girl in my eyes
and I promise you a childhood full of adventures, just like you love.

Mommy loves you to the moon and back, sweet girl.

No comments: